Right next to Memorial Park, one of the largest parks in the US, lies the Camp Logan neighborhood. It used to be a training camp and saw some dark times in the First World War, but Camp Logan moved on to eventually become the great residential community it is today. Both young and older residents love the area for its great location.
With its location near acres of greenery as well as proximity to big city facilities in nearby Bayou City, it is no wonder that Camp Logan is a highly desirable choice for home buyers. Both recreational opportunities and shopping, dining and entertainment venues are minutes away from Camp Logan.
Location and Surroundings
Camp Logan is within Loop 610, which makes travel around Houston extremely convenient from this location. It is right next to Memorial Park, Rice Military, Downtown Houston, River Oaks, and Museum District are a few minutes’ drive from Camp Logan. This means easy access to major dining, shopping, education and entertainment hubs surrounding Camp Logan, while Memorial Park’s nature and wildlife preserves are in close proximity.
The zip code for Camp Logan Harris County is 77007.
Recreational Activities and Schools in Camp Logan
Camp Logan provides an excellent chance to enjoy living near nature and avail all the recreational options that are present in the adjacent Memorial Park. Some notable activities and places in this huge park and in the Camp Logan area are:
- Hogg Bird Sanctuary – containing an impressive number of birds in a wild setting, a continual source of delight for avid birdwatchers.
- Memorial Park Golf Course – the best golf course in Texas.
- Houston Arboretum and Nature Center – housing many species of wildlife and plants, and a great educational facility on nature for kids.
- Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail for jogging, picnicking, biking and hiking.
- Tennis courts, swimming, skating, cycling and more.
- Memorial honoring soldiers from World War I and some remnants of bunkers.
- Restaurants such as Benjy’s, Onion Creek, Liberty Kitchen and Oyster Bar and Beaver’s.
- Sports Field within Camp Logan for baseball, rugby and other sports.
Schools nearby include Memorial Elementary School, River Oaks Elementary, Lanier Middle School, Grady Middle School, Lamar High School and Performing and Visual Arts High School – all highly regarded schools known for their merit.
Schools in Camp Logan come under the Houston Independent School District. (School zoning should be verified)
Real Estate Trends in Camp Logan
Camp Logan homes include single-family units, condos and townhouses. It holds a blend of newly built upscale townhomes as well as vintage homes from older days. Residences include double-story structures as well as ranch-style housing.
On average, homes measure 2,516 square feet. Homes in Camp Logan have a median price of $779,152. Different types of housing can range in price from roughly $550,000 to $1 million. Some single family homes are valued at over $1 million.
More information about beautiful homes currently for sale in Camp Logan or surrounding areas can be obtained from one of Team Sadler’s skilled real estate agents.
If you prefer to call Team Sadler – please do not hesitate, we would love to hear from you – (713) 628-4487
No Hype – No Pressure – Just Honest Customer Service.
Service with a Smile.... Always!