EaDo is a district loaded with potential and hailed as the ‘art and soul of Houston’. It is experiencing a boom in development, since both residential and commercial structures are being built. EaDo’s major attractions include the city’s promotion of creativity and art, dynamic nightlife and the crowd-drawing BBVA Compass Stadium.
The district’s name EaDo, derived from East Downtown, is a good representation of the hip vibes the city emits. EaDo is attracting many young artists, budding entrepreneurs and other residents who seek to live near Downtown Houston and active city life.
Location and Surroundings
The EaDo area is shaped like a triangle and strategically situated amidst freeways that make it easily accessible. Eastex Freeway and Gulf Freeway pass along its borders, and bus routes further facilitate moving in and out of East Downtown. METRORail will soon make transit even easier.
Neighborhoods surrounding EaDo Houston includeRiver Oaks , Downtown Houston, Rice Military, Montrose, Fifth Ward and Greater Heights. EaDo is considered one of Houston’s top ten most accessible districts.
The East Downtown Houston zip codes are 77003 and 77023.
Recreational Activities and Schools in EaDo
EaDo is a magnet for people who enjoy the finer things in life, as well as sports lovers. Some of the recreational opportunities offered in EaDo include:
- BBVA Compass Stadium – a huge venue for football and various events, and an anchor that set the momentum for development in EaDo.
- Aerosol Warfare – a unique art gallery and urban wear boutique.
- Warehouse Live – popular venue for music and entertainment.
- Houston Makerspace – A hub to promote creativity, share ideas and transform those ideas into tangible masterpieces.
- Houston Food Park – a chance to enjoy various cuisines in one place.
- Bike Trail – miles of biking tracks that also pass through Hermann Park make it popular among cycling enthusiasts.
- Restaurants, Bars and Shopping – the wide variety of food offered in EaDo includes Mexican, Asian and American. Some popular places are The Cajun Stop, Kim Son, Little Woodrow, Walker Street Gastropub and Club 2020.
- Entertainment – EaDo is known for its active art scene with several art galleries serving the area.
Rusk Elementary School, Jackson Middle School, Austin High School and Wheatley High School are the major schools serving students in East Downtown. Energy Institute High School is another magnet school in EaDo. The schools in this area are notable for their excellence in athletics and in the field of science and technology.
EaDo schools are operated by the Houston Independent School District.
Real Estate Trends in EaDo
Home prices are quickly rising in EaDo ever since development in the area increased. As more and more new startups and established businesses choose to operate out of this neighborhood, the demand for living spaces is on the rise.
Higher prices in the surrounding communities is also prompting many young citizens to buy or rent in EaDo. The increase in demand is being met with new developments and conversion of warehouses into residential sites. Single-family homes are being replaced by townhomes to accommodate more residents.
Several luxury townhomes in EaDo offer the chance to live in an upscale and peaceful setting with all the major retail hubs and entertainment centers a few minutes away. Multi-family units such as apartments and lofts are also being favored.
Average prices for single-family homes for sale can range from $120K to $500K. Townhomes can range from $250K to $700K depending on the size and subdivision. Condos are valued from $250K to $400K.
More information about beautiful homes currently for sale in EaDo or homes in nearby surrounding areas can be obtained from one of Team Sadler’s skilled real estate agents.
If you prefer to call Team Sadler – please do not hesitate, we would love to hear from you – (713) 628-4487
No Hype – No Pressure – Just Honest Customer Service.
Service with a Smile.... Always!