This neighborhood is best defined by its motto; where town meets country. Considered one of the most rapidly growing cities in the US, Pearland is a combination of suburban development and remainders of its rural roots. The neighborhood offers a tranquil, small-town environment while keeping all major facilities and business centers nearby.
Well-planned, gated communities within Pearland include Silver Lake, Shadow Creek Ranch and Southern Trails. The central location of homes near parks, schools and shopping centers, in addition to its proximity to major Houston districts, make Pearland all the more attractive for all kinds of home buyers.
Location and Surroundings
Pearland is easily accessible from other Houston neighborhoods and major business hubs due to its location along Beltway 8 and Gulf Freeway. Both South Freeway and Texas State Highway 35 bisect the city’s east and west divisions.
The zip codes for Pearland are 77581, 77584, and 77588.
Recreational Activities and Schools in Pearland
As a sprawling city with several master-planned communities and subdivisions, it is rich with avenues for dining, entertainment and retail. An even wider range of options in the major business centers of Houston are accessible in less than 15 minutes of travel time.
- Among its many restaurants serving Mexican, Italian, American, Japanese and other cuisines are Little Tokyo, Emma’s Grill, Smash Burger, Killen’s Barbecue and D’Caribbean Curry.
- Major retail centers that feature famous retail giants in Pearland include the Pearland Town Center, The Crossing, Shadow Creek Marketplace and Silver Lake Village Shopping Center.
- The Pearland Natatorium and Recreational Center provides many opportunities for recreation.
- Golf courses include Golfcrest Country Club, Pearland Golf Club at Country Place and Southwyk Golf Club.
- Skating at Pearwood Skate Center as well as sports facilities, swimming and other fitness activities.
- The Pearland Parks and Recreation Department ensure that residents never run out of pleasant places to relax and have fun.
Pearland schools are zoned to several districts. The major portion of the city is served by the Pearland Independent School District, while others are zoned to Houston, Fort Bend, Alvin, Pasadena and Clear Creek ISDs. Some of these are:
- Elementary schools: Magnolia Elementary School, Glenn York Elementary, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Silver Lake Elementary School.
- Middle schools: Berry Miller Junior High School, Nolan Ryan Junior High, Pearland J H West.
- High schools: Glenda Dawson High School, Pearland High School.
- Private schools: Heritage Christian Academy and the Eagle Heights Christian Academy.
- Higher education: Alvin Community College, San Jacinto College, University of Houston – Clear Lake.
School Information Should Be Independently Verified. Please Contact The School District Directly to Determine The School and For Which Area It Is Zoned.
For a list of schools in Pearland refer to local school directory.
Real Estate Trends in Pearland
Lot sizes are large in Pearland whereas homes are mostly single-family units. These homes are built in various architectural styles but traditional style is predominant. New construction of townhomes, multi-family, single-family and patio homes is possible on lots.
The average price of a home for sale in Pearland is $304,629. Newer homes can be valued as high as $700,000 to $1 million, however, while lot prices start from less than $100,000.
More information about beautiful homes currently for sale in Pearland or homes in nearby surrounding areas can be obtained from one of Team Sadler’s skilled real estate agents.
If you prefer to call Team Sadler – please do not hesitate, we would love to hear from you – (713) 628-4487
No Hype – No Pressure – Just Honest Customer Service.
And as always…. Service with a Smile!